[Coco] [CoCo] Radioshack disconnect

Derek dml_68 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 5 18:00:18 EST 2009

Its not really the Radio Shack employees fault. As a company radio Shack no longer focuses on the parts and pieces like they did until the early 1990's. The employees are all now being trained to sale cell phones and wireless services.

When I managed a Radio Shack store back in the 1980's the focus was on the components and parts (we called it "force feed") which had the higest profit margin of anything Radio Shack sold back then and also computers.

As a company that is not what Radio Shack is about anymore and if they were I would imagine they would have gone out of business a long time ago so if your local 18 year old Radio Shack Sales guy does not know how to read the colors on a resistor cut him some slack, he has not been trained to do so. Those days of Radio Shack and Heathkit stores being around and full of every tiny part and piece are sadly gone the way of the Cassette Tape, and Roof Mounted Analog TV Antennas my friends. It's ok to long for the good old days but not okay to insult the workers at Radio Shack

** Mistrust Authority. Promote Decentralization **