[Coco] [Color Computer] Turning my coco III into a robot

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Mon May 25 02:34:25 EDT 2009

Could probably be done with Color LOGO.  Just have to modify the firmware to spin a motor instead of moving a pixel.  There might be some difficulty getting it to cooperate with the Speech/Sound Pak, but that doesn't strike me as being insurmountable.  (Yeah, it could be done in BASIC with some ML backup, but when robotics comes into the picture I make a knee-jerk jump to LISP and LOGO despite the fact I never went to MIT or Cal Tech except as a visitor).  (For several years in the late 80s, my newsfeed was from Cal Tech (I was two miles uphill) but then PG&E murdered my Mod 16 -- Altadena doesn't get the best product, factory second electricity at best and the Mod 16 power supply wasn't all that robust since it was designed to handle a Z-80 with 64k RAM, not a Z-80 with 96k RAM and a 68000 with 512k RAM).
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd at comcast.net