[Coco] FD-502 drive

Sun May 10 16:53:33 EDT 2009

On May 10, 2009, at 2:18 PM, Tony wrote:
> Meh, I bought this FD-502 for like $12-15 on fleabay (no fdc, tho),
> I'm sure i can probably find another one.
> I'll just transfer one drive from one of them to make a double-unit,
> to keep one original, and then splice on the 2nd one,
> and load it up with probably a pair of Mitsu M4853 DS/QD 5.25"
> fdd's. That will be an interesting unit :)

Yup, that should work.  You'll just have to play around with the
jumpers to figure out how to select the additional FD-502 drive as
drive one.  (Unfortunately, my notes on this are packed away, so I
can't tell you offhand.)  The FD-502 5-1/4" drives are much like
3-1/2" drives:  same power connector (smaller molex-style) and built-
in termination (so you don't need to bother remembering to terminate
the last drive on the cable).

-- JP