[Coco] CoCo 3 RGB to CGA conversion

Bill Barnes da3m0n_slay3r at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 14 19:32:13 EDT 2009

I believe your problems also lie in the fact that you CM-10 (that was the original CoCo RGB monitor, right?) is an RGBa, the IBM is RGBi. Meaning that the IBM CGA (IIRC) is only capable of about 16 colors (IIRC). while the CM-10 was capable of 32-bit color (16 million?) It may work, but as you notice the colors are off.

You can, of course as you noted, skip connecting pin 7, and route it to external [amplified] speakers, albeit the RCA sound jack would probably be better for that.

-Later!   -WB-    -- BABIC Computer Consulting.