[Coco] CoCo 3 RGB to CGA conversion

N8WQ exwn8jef at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 19:17:59 EDT 2009

Fellow CoCo users,
Last night my faithful CM-10 monitor let out some smoke (if you know
what I mean, LOL). The only other monitor I had laying around was my IBM
5153 CGA Color Monitor. I plugged it into my homebrew CoCo tower and I
have video but the colors are off. I compared the pin assignments on the
IBM monitor to the CoCo 3 RGB outputs and all pins are the same except
pins 6 and 7.

On my CoCo tower I wired up a DB9 connector to plug my CM-10 into.

IBM 5153             CoCo 3 RGB connector
pin 6 = Intensity     pin 6 = Polarity
pin 7 = Reserved   pin 7 = Sound

So I need to remove wire to pin 7. What should I do about pin 6?

H-freq is 15.75 khz, and V-freq is 60 hz on the 5153 monitor.

Alan Jones

--
N8WQ - Canal Winchester, Ohio
http://exwn8jef.googlepages.com/home