[Coco] CoCo 3 RGB to CGA conversion

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Sat Mar 14 20:21:28 EDT 2009

Do you mean CM-8? The CM-10 is a digital RGB monitor for PC-clones

The CM-8 is (was?) an analog RGB monitor. The IBM one is Digital RGB.
You can use it but as you noticed the colors will be wrong.

Fixing this requires fairly extensive knowledge of how the IBM monitor
works internally (schematics, service manual, etc) to convert it into an
analog monitor.

Recommendation would be to get one of the CoCo3 to VGA adapters and use
a VGA monitor. Finding an analog RGB monitor these days is really quite
the challenge.