[Coco] patching EDTASM+ to work with disk

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Tue Mar 3 05:44:53 EST 2009

> 1. Can I some how attach the coco cassette wires to my PC sound card  so
> that I can save and load program?
Yes.

> 2. If so, what software do I need to use?
Any sound recording program.  IIRC; Windows sound recorder has a 60 second
length limit.  The Free Audacity program is over-kill for the task but free
is good and it can do a lot of sound work.

> 3. I have a copy DSK image of Disk EDTASM+, but it is on the PC, how  do I
> transfer it to the coco?
Retrieve and Dskini from Jeff V's. emulator program work for reading and
writing .dsk files to and from a PC.   If you have a 3.5" disk drive on your
CoCo you can use the usual 3.5" disk drive found on older PCs.  If not you
will want a 5.25" drive on your PC and many newer PC do not support 5.25"
drives.

There are also programs such as Cloud Nine's DriveWire and Roger Taylor's
CoCoNet to transfer data to and from a CoCo and PC.

Bruce W.