[Coco] UFO? wasRe: Sega Genesis Gamepad on CoCo

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Mon Jul 6 20:26:02 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 04:23:20PM -0700, Derek wrote:

> Ran into an interesting situation. I have one of the Wico adapters
> to let me use Atari (9 PIN type) joysticks on my coco and with a
> standard joystick it works great. I also have an Atari 800 and I am
> able to take a standard 9 Pin type game pad from a Sega Genesis and
> use it on the Atari without any problems.

Speaking of Sega controllers...

I have a "Super UFO" controller that connects to a DB-9.  Dude who
sold it to me said it was an Amiga joystick.  I've tried it on my
Amiga, a C64, and an Atari Flashback, but they all ignore it.

Does anybody know if this is a Sega controller?  Or what it's supposed
to connect to?  Or if it's just DOA?

It has: direction thumbpad, buttons A B C L P R, L & R on the front, "X
[]" button, "P > ||" button, and 3 pos. sliders for slow, turbo o, and
turbo O.

Thanks in Advance
Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org