[Coco] Sega Genesis Gamepad on CoCo

J.P. Samson coco+list at jeanpaulsamson.com
Mon Jul 6 18:04:40 EDT 2009

On Jul 6, 2009, at 3:53 PM, Bob Devries wrote:
> As well as holding the select line high, you need to hold the enable
> line (pin 15) low.
>
> Without opening the game pad, you could tie the plug pin 8 to
> ground, and connect pin 7 to pin 5.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what I did, making sure all the lows were
tied together on a common ground.

One day, I'll dig the project out of the storage boxes and try to
figure it out.  It does seem pretty simple, so I didn't bother to do
any prototyping when I soldered together my adapter.  In fact, I built
two adapters, and both didn't work in exactly the same way.  At least
I'm consistent!

-- JP