[Coco] Sega Genesis Gamepad on CoCo

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 17:53:41 EDT 2009

As well as holding the select line high, you need to hold the enable line
(pin 15) low.

Without opening the game pad, you could tie the plug pin 8 to ground, and
connect pin 7 to pin 5.

However,
The way this pad works, the buttons always connect to +5V via a resistor
when the buttons are not pressed. Pressing them, makes them connect to 0V.

This may be the reason why the pad 'floats' to one state or another?

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.