[Coco] Sega Genesis Gamepad on CoCo

Derek dml_68 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 5 19:23:20 EDT 2009

Ran into an interesting situation. I have one of the Wico adapters to let me use Atari (9 PIN type) joysticks on my coco and with a standard joystick it works great. I also have an Atari 800 and I am able to take a standard 9 Pin type game pad from a Sega Genesis and use it on the Atari without any problems. When I plug the game pad into the Wico adapter on the coco it makes all the games act like I am holding the direction control to the right. I have tried multiple pads with various games and it always does the same thing. I can move the d-pad direction control  all directions and it works but when I let go it acts like I am pushing to the right

Anyone know of a quick fix for this? I would not mind rewiring one of the game pads to make it work.

** Mistrust Authority. Promote Decentralization **