[Coco] Connect CoCo Floppy drive to Windows PC

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Sun Jan 18 10:06:17 EST 2009

Robert Gault schrieb:
> Both omniflop.sys and fdrawcmd.sys can have problems reading disks
> formatted on a Coco. It is not the sector data or overall structure that
> is the problem but the low level format.

Actually the PC floppy controller is "sleeping" for a period of time
after the index hole passes by. The track header of a CoCo formatted
disk is quite short, so the floppy controller sometimes misses the
sector header of sector 0. I could improve my results of reading CoCo
formatted disks with a CoCo drive connected to the PC by playing around
with the drive's speed while repeatedly reading sector 0 (in theory just
slowing it down, although I darkly remember, I couldn't really proove that).

Regards,
Torsten