[Coco] Connect CoCo Floppy drive to Windows PC

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jan 18 09:53:02 EST 2009

Fedor Steeman wrote:
> Thanks Gene, but I don't think it will be a problem. My sole intent was to
> read disks with this drive using Omniflop, not to write anything on them.
>
> Cheers,
> Fedor

Both omniflop.sys and fdrawcmd.sys can have problems reading disks
formatted on a Coco. It is not the sector data or overall structure that
is the problem but the low level format.

If there are problems, it always works better with a disk formatted on
the PC with either of the above and then filled with data on the Coco.
That means COPY, BACKUP, SAVE, WRITE, format L, and any of the OS-9
write commands work fine. DSKINI or format (physical) can make the disk
unreadable on the PC; not always but often enough to be avoided.