[Coco] CoCo Wireless RS-232 Pak

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Wed Feb 25 15:40:30 EST 2009

At 10:56 AM 2/25/2009, you wrote:
>Roger, you have done it again!
>
>First there was your Rainbow IDE that's perfect for "Retro
>Programmers" that want to write code using modern tool sets.  Then
>you came up with the idea of CoCoNet so the CoCo could access files
>on a PC or the Internet. (I've got some plans for great CoCoNet
>sites in the works!)
>
>But your Wireless RS-232 Pak takes the cake.  Besides adding a
>little modern computer technology to the CoCo via bluetooth, it's
>also a replacement part for those dead RS-232 Paks.

My favorite part is being able to build a Rainbow IDE project and
instantly testing the program or game on a real CoCo.  For example, I
load up my Jeweled project in the IDE, click Go, wait 2 or 3 seconds,
reach over to the CoCo, type DIR, and I see the latest JEWELED.BIN
sitting right there ready to load.  And it loads.  And it runs.  I
was doing this over the bitbanger version of CoCoNet at first.  You
can even rebuild or make changes to a disk from the PC while it's
mounted on the CoCo.

>Best of all is the price.  It's about 1/2 the price that Tandy sold
>the Deluxe RS-232 Pak for.  (Way to go Roger!)
>
>Can wait to plug a CoCo Net ROM in your latest creation.  Now, there
>is a killer CoCo product.

We needed the absolute simplest and smallest gadget possible that can
emulate as much hardware as possible.  At mimimum, it needed a way to
use a nearby PC's resources (and without a dern cable).  And so it
was done.   From there, it's going to be software - because... you
guessed it...   " I'm a software guy "  <-- New trademark?  :)

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com