[Coco] Decal Paper and inks. Was> Re: Logo pictures

Brian Goers briang0671 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 17 12:31:44 EST 2009

George Ramsower wrote:

> [...]
<Stuff Deleted>
> From: "Brian Goers"
>>

> InkJet decal paper is about a buck a sheet(usually sold in packs of
> ten, 8.5X11 size). Probably not as good as what you suggested but I
> would NEVER make enough decals to justify ninety bucks on something as
> good as that.
<Deleted>
> When I get a different printer that uses pigmented ink, then things
> will change. The printer I have now is a dye ink and tends to fade
> over time. Bummer.

That proves you have to stop and look at what is available in the
present. Because things change.
Two questions.
How do you stop the ink from fading when you remove the backing?
How do you know if you have a pigmented ink? I have usually used HP or
Office Max refills.
Thanks
Later
Brian

--
 Brian Goers                                         Glenside Color Computer Club URL
 Glenside Vice-President of Special Events           http://GlensideCCC.com

 IDE Boards are available.

     The 18th Annual “LAST” Chicago CoCoFEST!
     Will be held March 28 & 29 2009
     Holiday Inn & Suites Elgin.