[Coco] Decal Paper and inks. Was> Re: Logo pictures

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 15:46:27 EST 2009

From: "Brian Goers"

>That proves you have to stop and look at what is available in the present.
>Because things change.

As in?

>Two questions.
>How do you stop the ink from fading when you remove the backing?

 Okay, you can't unless you keep it in the dark.  Removing the decal from
the "Water Slide" paper does not affect the fading. This begins the minute
it is printed.
 The dye inkjet water slide prints must be covered with a clear coat of
paint to prevent it from washing off when soaking the water slide paper for
use. I don't know about pigmented ink, if it would be water soluable. I
don't think is is. I would expect it would be a good idea to coat that with
clear also, if for no other reason than just to add an extra layer of
protection from abrasion(rubbing off).

>How do you know if you have a pigmented ink? I have usually used HP or
>Office Max refills.
>Thanks
>Later
>Brian

 The mfg of the printer will PROUDLY announce that their machine uses
pigmented ink.  You have no choice on whether to use dye or pigment. It's a
design thing in the printer and ink cartridge.

 The Kodak ESP series of printers boast a pigmented, archival quality life
span of 99 years. I'm waiting for reviews on these before I decide if I want
one. There are many others, most are professional printers.

George