[Coco] Sneak peek

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sat Feb 14 17:15:02 EST 2009

On Feb 14, 2009, at 4:11 PM, Roger Taylor wrote:
> conversation.  It's just basic E-Mail 101 that goes back to the BBS
> days when everything we said (if not followed by a SMILEY, or not
> overly explained with apologies) was considered down-right rude.

We didn't have smileys back then, but I do recall a convention of
using "<grin>" or "<g>".

<g>

> OS-9 and the 6551 might not have been a wise combo back in the day,
> but I've never had a problem under Disk BASIC or my own ML
> programs.  I guess it's all in the code and the choice of operating
> system.

I like the idea that it gives compatibility with the RS-DOS world. The
downside for the alternative hard drive ROMs and things like your
virtual drive pak will always be not working with anything other than
DISK BASIC or things that only did DSKCON (was that the one?) calls to
the ROM for I/O.

However, it's still way cool and looks way useful.

--
18th Annual “LAST” Chicago CoCoFEST! - March 28 & 29, 2009 - Elgin, IL
- http://glensideccc.com/

Over 98,000 digital pics from Disney, Theme Parks, and Ren Fests!
Visit http://www.AtTheFaire.com or http://www.DisneyFans.com

Orlando (and other places) cheap luxury vacation offers - and I get
credit!
http://www.WestgateResorts.com/or/index.cfm?acct=9009895609&sales=8664429956&language=en