[Coco] Sneak peek

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat Feb 14 17:39:35 EST 2009

At 04:15 PM 2/14/2009, you wrote:
>On Feb 14, 2009, at 4:11 PM, Roger Taylor wrote:
>>conversation.  It's just basic E-Mail 101 that goes back to the BBS
>>days when everything we said (if not followed by a SMILEY, or not
>>overly explained with apologies) was considered down-right rude.
>
>We didn't have smileys back then, but I do recall a convention of
>using "<grin>" or "<g>".
>
><g>

Haha.  And then it just went bizerk and we started seeing insanely
funny stuff like this:

<please don't kill me mode ON>
Can someone please tell me how to unsubscribe from this list
</please don't kill me mode OFF>

...and just plain out begging to be forgiven by the masses for even
having the notion to POST a message knowing the attacks were coming.

"I apologize for being a newbie and all, and my mother has been
really sick the past few weeks and I haven't been up to date on
things, plus my dog got hit by a car, but could you guys be so kind
as to forgive my ignorance here and shed some light on the topic to
which I'm having trouble following using my out of date e-mail program...."

followed by replies such as "DO YOU EVEN READ OUR MESSAGES?"  "WHAT
PART DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND, BILLY BOB ??"  They always quote your name
when they're trying to make you look like an ass.  :)  "So, MIKEY,
have you even turned to page 23 yet to see that your answer is RIGHT
THERE in paragraph 3, sentence #4 ???  No, you didn't, because you're
an ass!"    :)  It would be so much quicker to just type the short
sentence to the poor guy, but hell no... somebody didn't drink their
coffee this morning, and now everybody's actually on the cranky guy's
side for some strange reason.  That's what we got in 1990.  That's
what we get in 2009.  You gotta love it.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com