[Coco] Coco games copyright

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Wed Feb 11 16:12:02 EST 2009

Ben Jimenez wrote:

> I was thinking of converting some Coco games over to a new platform, but
> was wondering what the copyright was on them now?

Interesting twist, though perhaps not quite as interesting to people on this
list - we're not getting new games after all! ;)

Everything that Joel points out is correct of course, but it's also
interesting to note that Sockmaster tempted the wrath of Nintendo -
historically one of the most aggressive defendants of their IP - when
porting Donkey Kong _to_ the CoCo! Not that I'm advocating you ignore the
rights of any Coco authors of course.

Regards,