[Coco] Speech/Sound cartridge

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 21:27:23 EST 2009

George,

The stock SSC did have an issue with running at 2MHz. There were a couple of
suggested fixes, including replacing a transistor with another type. This is
the road I took, and it was successful.

There's only one transistor in the SSC, a 2SA984K (Q1), a PNP. From memory
(and someone correct me if I'm wrong), I replaced it with a 2N3906. Be
careful to match the pins correctly. I seem to remember that the 2N3906 had
it's pins different from the existing transistor.

Other fixes were also suggested, which may or may not be easier or more
effective.

The problem (as I understood it) was that no (or low) -5 volt was generated
to drive the op-amps.

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.