[Coco] Play with NitrOS-9 over the Internet

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Dec 27 19:10:00 EST 2009

On Sunday 27 December 2009, Willard Goosey wrote:
>On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 04:40:02PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Unforch, I still have a shell prompt:
>> {T2|11}/DD:close
>> ERROR #214
>
>"ex"????
>
>Sending an escape should work, too.  I'd try it, but the CoCo seems to
>be down at the moment.
>
>As for backspace, ^H is the default.  0x7F, IIRC, is ASCII "delete"
>which is probably what your linux box's backspace key actually sends.

Whatever, I can access my coco3, either via a serial cable to /t2, or via a
bluetooth gizmo, Rogers EB-101 carrying rs232 pack by running a shell on /t3,
and the same backspace key works fine there.  There are some other keys that
generate errors & shell restarts, but the backspace isn't one of them.  The
up-arrow to repeat a command in the shell history does not work, but I assume
I could probably setup a fix using stty if I actually knew what I was doing,
which I obviously don't. :)

>But that's a flame war that's been raging since the GNU project
>started, if not before, so there's no reason to continue it here.

And I take it the protagonists have agreed to disagree...  OTOH, the unice's
were here first. ;)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)