[Coco] Play with NitrOS-9 over the Internet

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sun Dec 27 19:31:17 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 06:05:46PM -0600, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:

> Yes, "ex" is the right way to exit a shell.  If someone gets in the
> system and presses ENTER, they should see the login message, but may
> just see a shell prompt because the last person to use that port did
> not type "ex" before leaving.  It's fine either way.

Heh, yeah, I just tried it again, and it dropped me into a running
shell.  If your CoCo was a unix box in a college lab, someone's files
would have been nuked, and their MUD character would have dropped all
their stuff and then jumped off a cliff. ;-)

But again, this is really awesome!!!

> Somehow, the FD sector for the root directory got a 00 written as
> the first byte, and every other byte in that sector was shifted
> right by one byte.

Weird.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org