[Coco] Play with NitrOS-9 over the Internet

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sun Dec 27 20:08:50 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 07:10:00PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Whatever, I can access my coco3, either via a serial cable to /t2,
> or via a bluetooth gizmo, Rogers EB-101 carrying rs232 pack by
> running a shell on /t3, and the same backspace key works fine there.

Through a terminal program?

> There are some other keys that generate errors & shell restarts, but
> the backspace isn't one of them.

Various ANSI keys send escape codes, and OS-9 reads escape as EOF...

> And I take it the protagonists have agreed to disagree...  OTOH, the
> unice's were here first. ;)

>From what I've seen, most maintained software has been changed to
support either 0x08 or 0x7F as backspace, but I'm a nutcase that'll
compile UNIX stuff from the 80's and actually expect it to work...

Plus, there's so many layers of key translations it's sometimes hard
to tell what characters your keys actually generate. :-(

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard