[Coco] Your stock CoCo is DriveWire-ready out-of-the-box (was: DriveWire for dummies?)

William Schaub wschaub at steubentech.com
Wed Dec 23 14:17:01 EST 2009

> Speaking of DriveWire Java Server, I'm running the Java server on my eMac and it is performing quite nicely.  If Jim is successful in developing a web-based front-end that works on all three major platforms (Win, Mac, Linux) then I think it will be time to abandon the platform specific servers and focus efforts on the Java version.

Just my 2 cents but I really don't like web interfaces at all. why not
just use the java swing library and be done with it? I know it will look
different on each platform due to how java works but as long as the GUI
is usable who really cares? I dislike very much having to load a heavy
weight browser just to use a utility like the drivewire server.

But then again I'm not on the development team or anything so my opinion
is not likely worth much more than two cents anyway. :)