[Coco] OT: Respect for hardware engineers

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 20:22:32 EST 2009

Hi Boisy,

I have taken some time to think before posting this reply. First, I want to
say thank you, again, for the assistance you provided to me back when I was
developing DCom originally. Your help was invaluable, and I was able to
understand things about I-Code that I had not understood before.

Your post to the hardware developers touched me, because that is exactly how
I have felt about programmers like you for a very long time. When I was
developing DCom originally, I was a wanna-be programmer and a total novice.
After all of this time, and repeated attempts to increase my qualifications
to become a programmer, I may know more, but I still feel like a wanna-be.
And for you, in particular, because you were employed by Microware at the
time, were already where I wanted to be. You already understood OS-9
assembly, understood how an OS worked, understood how the processor worked.
In comparison, I knew nothing, and still know nothing.

My hat is off to you, Boisy. You are so far above me, and you can recognize
those who are yet above you. You may see a difference in knoweledge levels
between you and them, but to me you know as much as they do.

Wayne Campbell