[Coco] OT: Respect for hardware engineers

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Mon Dec 14 22:20:49 EST 2009

Boisy

The respect is mutual. I took a course in computer programming usig the MC68000. In that
we covered basics of OS's like page memory mangament, context switching and some of the
other basic tasks of an OS. I then knew why it takes a team of engineers to design an OS.
Along with many many hours of regression testing to work the kinks out.

I am still planning on finishing. I have been side tracked abit to complete some astronomy
projects here. The first is to assemble a Classic cassegrain telescope from a mirror set that I
obtained last year. Once that is complete then I plan to finish the controller for it.

I use VHDL over Verilog simply a matter  of preference. Verilog to me is too much like C and
I never managed to fully become comfortable with that. VHDL is more like Pascal and is
actually based on ADA. To me it is more understandable. Why I have no ideas and still
wondering why!

james