[Coco] drivewire serial port progress

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 21:49:51 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 8:13 AM, Mark Marlette <mmarlette at frontiernet.net> wrote:
> Aaron,
>
> I have not seen the blue screen in the DW server either.
>
> We run this 24/7 for testing on every CoCo product we ship out.

I think the system errors Roger is seeing are probably related to the
host operating system and/or the USB serial adapter drivers.  I've had
a number of issues making the USB/serial adapter I have work properly
under Windows.  No blue screens, but the serial port sometimes
disappears or becomes unusable, usually when I disconnect/reconnect a
serial device to the adapter.

Using this same adapter under Linux on the same computer it is rock
solid, so I suspect the Windows drivers aren't quite right in my case.

-Aaron