[Coco] question about file transfers from PC

William Schaub wschaub at steubentech.com
Mon Aug 3 13:03:47 EDT 2009

Drivewire 2.0 came with a floppy disk and a basic program you could run
to make a version of hdb-dos that you could loadm and exec to get
drivewire to work without any roms and a real disk drive. I find that
you can still use this version of hdb-dos for DECB but not for booting
OS9. if all you want to do is copy disks back and forth that might be
your answer if it is still possible to buy the drivewire 2.0 software by
special request.  it does work with drivewire 3.0 server but a coco3
works at coco2 speed instead.

I think it would be nice if they made the drivewire 2.0 floppy image
available for people in your situation that don't need to boot into os9
from drivewire.