[Coco] I think I hit a nerve with my CoCoList Survey on email.

Christian Lesage hyperfrog at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 00:13:27 EDT 2009

Robert Gault wrote:
> Speaking as one who has dial-up, I'd say you have that backwards. I
> have little choice when reading e-mail; I download all or nothing to
> read any one message. When I go to a forum such as at Coco3.com, I can
> read or not read as I chose and don't need to download anything unless
> I want to read a message.

While I still believe that when using a dial-up connection, downloading
approx. 20 5kB messages a day is probably faster than logging on a
web-based forum, browsing the topics, and then having to click on "next"
several times before you reach the end of a lengthy thread, here is one
thing you could do if you really don't want to download the "junk"
messages that don't interest you: Get a Gmail address and use that
address to register to the CoCoList. Then use Gmail web interface to
read the messages. The messages will appear as conversations (threads).
If you need an invitation to sign up for Gmail, let me know.

Christian