[Coco] I think I hit a nerve with my CoCoList Survey on email.

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Thu Apr 23 19:15:54 EDT 2009

At 07:02 AM 4/23/2009, you wrote:

>Speaking as one who has dial-up, I'd say you have that backwards. I
>have little choice when reading e-mail; I download all or nothing to
>read any one message. When I go to a forum such as at Coco3.com, I
>can read or not read as I chose and don't need to download anything
>unless I want to read a message.
>
>Further, given that most posters to Maltedmedia refuse to alter the
>subject line as it should be. There is much more junk in the e-mail
>than at a forum. I tend to throw out many threads without bothering
>to read any of the messages. What happened with Steve's initial
>message is a perfect example.

Furthermore, it's no mystery that anybody over 35 is probably so
stuck in their ways that no debate will change their mind.
And... it's no mystery (since I run the site) that most of us here
use the list and the forums.   Doesn't really matter to me why or
which one is more preferred.  As long as we're all staying in touch
for a long time to come, all is good.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com