[Coco] Importing CoCo Archive into Email Client

Ryan Pritchard coconut at pritchard.ca
Thu Apr 23 09:55:47 EDT 2009

What operating system you running?  That would give us a better idea of what
to recommend.
Myself I am using Mac OS X Leopard and the Mail.app imports standard mailbox
files which I had referred to as mbox format.  These are the raw text
(sometimes mime encoded) files that are found in the archive.

If you run pretty much any Linux distribution you should be able to use mutt
or pine to open the file in a more usable format.  These are both text based
programs you run from a command prompt.

For Windows and any OS that Thunderbird runs on you can just copy those
extracted txt files to the Local Folders folder in the Thunderbird Profile.
example: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application
Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\67352c8t.default\Mail\Local Folders

Close and open Thunderbird and the mailbox is imported automatically.  You
are now free to move the messages to whatever other folder you want.
<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Application%20Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/67352c8t.default/Mail/Local%20Folders/2003-October.mbox>

Regards,

Ryan Pritchard
Fun Extends All Basic Life Expectancies