[Coco] CoCoList and the Web, was Re: CoCoList Survey on email but no web browser access CoCo users.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Apr 23 00:30:58 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 22 April 2009, Ryan Pritchard wrote:
>Oh sweet!  For giggles I just downloaded the Gzipped text versions and
>discovered they are standard mbox format, my Mail.app imported them
>and now I have all the way back to October 2003 in my client.
>
>I think someone said they had messages that went further back than the
>list archive, is that true?  Can we get access to an mbox copy of that
>for the list archive?
>
>Regards,
>
>Ryan Pritchard
>Fun Extends All Basic Life Expectancies

I did a double take on the size, and when I typed the head, got 1 too many 1's
in the string, so its:

[root at coyote ~]# ls -l early-coco*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 63575348 2009-04-23 00:25 early-coco.msgs
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 19238970 2009-04-23 00:26 early-coco-msgs.gz

Or about 25 megs in base64 for transit, that sounds a heck of a lot better.
Sorry 'bout that. :)

That will fit in most mailboxes except verizon's, they have a 10 meg limit.
They're jerks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)