[Coco] CoCoFest Report

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Fri Apr 3 08:40:21 EDT 2009

Hmmm.... yeah, you were out of high school, but could have went back and no one would have questioned you! I/'m not as old as a lot of the guys here, but at 47 I'm just a bit older than you. Maybe I'm just jealous... You're old enough to appreciate the old phrase "youth's wasted on the young" though! Good to "see" a few new younger guys (well, one or two in their 20s, more in their 30s) occasionally too.

Maybe it was just the three of us then -- at least in my car. Long time ago! Maybe I'm thinking about others that went with us to the Hard Rock in another car. To be honest I really just remember that LONG trip back to the hotel, don't recall much about the restaurant! Oh, and I wouldn't deprive anyone of seeing what "fun" a fest could be!!

30th Anniversary sounds good. But will have to see. My parents want the wife and I to take a trip to Germany with them in the spring of 2010. Maybe moving the fest to the fall is an omen though?

-----------
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 18:05:12 -0500
From: Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com>

On Apr 2, 2009, at 10:05 AM, Frank Swygert wrote:
> haven't changed much at all. Can't help but wonder if anyone would
> recognize me, but I don't think I've changed that much. I know
> there's one night at a Chicago fest that Tony, Linda, and Allen will
> never forget!  Seems like someone else was with us (Tony wasn't, he
> was LOOKING for us!), but I don't recall who... Allen??

Hey, I was out of high school by then! I just wasn't quite drinking age
when I went to my first 1990 Atlanta Fest.

On that night, it was just you, me, and Linda... And I have video. I
even played a bit of it last year at the Fest, and it will make a
triumphant appearance on DVD soon . . . unless you want to talk me out
of it with a bribe ;-)

>  Maybe next year I can get out to the fest just for old times sake,
>  not sure right now. I hope I do get out there before the REAL last
>  one passes!

30th Anniversary. Sounds like 2010 is the one, Frank. Considering your
involvement with the community, you'd really be good to have there and
do a talk of FARNA Systems and the World of 68 magazine!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"