[Coco] Jumper settings needed

LinuxRules Linux-Rules at austin.rr.com
Thu Oct 2 18:51:51 EDT 2008

tonym wrote:
> [...]
Would the geometry setup cause it to select the drive, but see it as Not
Ready?
I was thinking that incorrect geometry setup would simply make it
unreadable.
When I setup Drive-A incorrectly in BIOS, that is what happens.
I.E. It is still found to be "Ready", but the media cannot be read..........

Since last post, I found that Linux LiveCD also fails to mount the drive.
Sure seems to be a hardware issue.....??....

Aging brain cells don't work well, but I seem to remember that back in
the "Old Days", floppy drives could be jumpered to provide "Ready"
based on things like Head Loaded, Drive Selected, and/or Motor On,
etc. I am suspicious that something like that is going on..........

Wish I could remember more!

cheers,
johnd