[Coco] Greetings from Iowa - anyone need any water?

Dave Kelly daveekelly1 at embarqmail.com
Sat Jun 14 19:09:25 EDT 2008

KARL SEFCIK wrote:
> Allen,
>   What, no dam pictures?
> lol
> This will give us something to talk about next fest.
> Funny thing, my college is having it's alumni weekend
> sometime this month. Back in '93 when it flooded so
> much, I was in Detroit traveling west6, and I got back
> before the real damage started.
>    Now I'm west of the Mississippi, and south of Iowa,
> but it's too real man. Oh, I am still not working, so
> I won't begoing there. On my way up to last fest, I
> stopped by there, but can't do it this time.
>    Hey, California could use some of that water, too
> bad they can't run a pipe (like the Alaska pipeline)
> and just ship it there. If you run across anybody that
> might be able to do that, ya might merntion it.  And
> we could use some of that down here in Texas, till the
> hurruicanes start.
I'm 200 miles south of you just above Houston and we need rain. The
ponds around my neck of the woods are  drying up. White Oak Bayou is a
foot below normal. The farmers are talking about their stock ponds
loosing 4 inches a day.

--
Whiskey before breakfast, a little rum in the morning coffee.
Tie flys 'til first light. On the water at sun up.