[Coco] My Flikr wedding photostream

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Jun 11 06:41:30 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 11 June 2008, Bob Devries wrote:
>Gene, Only one is "attached" to Catherine. He's Carl Nino, and he's just 2
>years old. You'll see him in a couple of pictures with Catherine and I. The
>others are sister and nephews and nieces.
>
>I'm hoping to adopt Carl as my own son.

Well, you are now committed to that role regardless, a role I've assumed twice
for a total of 5 because they came with the woman.  I won't say I did it well,
but that was long ago and far away.  Those that survive are long since adults,
MD and CP were involved, so 2 have passed, 2 are long out of touch.  The 5th
one left at 16, sick of his mother, and is over in Maryland doing takeoffs for
a large electrical contractor and may not call for a year at a time.  With 11
kids that have sat at my table over the years, he, and 4 boys 1200 miles west
in Nebraska are the ones that still keep in touch.  The two girls I fathered
have both passed from cancer now, the last one just this past November.

>Also, I'm hoping to bring Catherine and Carl to Australia, at least for a
>holiday, and then try to make her a citizen.

I was under the impression you had roots in Au land that would be hard to pull
up.

>I also want to be a citizen of Philippines, if possible; taking on dual
>citizenship.

Sounds ambitious, best wishes and good luck to you all.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)