[Coco] two other things..

James Dessart skwirl42 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 20:09:28 EDT 2008

On 7/9/08, Christopher Hawks <chawks at dls.net> wrote:

>         Remember 8k would be very large for a file manager and I doubt that
> it would be that small. I've been thinking about a port of uIP for NitrOS-9
> (with some additions to make the interface cleaner). The thought of a file
> manager is neat however, and I'll consider that as well. (I've had some
> experience with TCP/IP (wrote a stack for OS-9/68000) and file managers
> (wrote an ISO9660 file manager for NitrOS-9 and OS-9/68000).

And it'd be nice if more than one process could take advantage of it.
The main benefit to uIP is that the code is there. Yes, it does have
an odd programming interface, but it works as advertised and is
available now. It'd take a bit of tweaking to make it universally
useful in NitrOS-9.

Has anyone tried compiling the code using an OS9-hosted compiler?
Might be worth a try. I don't have any such compilers on hand.

--
James Dessart
<http://skwirl.com/cody/>