[Coco] two other things..

Chuck Youse cyouse at serialtechnologies.com
Wed Jul 9 20:14:09 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 19:05 -0500, Christopher Hawks wrote:

> 	Remember 8k would be very large for a file manager and I doubt that it would
> be that small. I've been thinking about a port of uIP for NitrOS-9 (with some
> additions to make the interface cleaner). The thought of a file manager is neat
> however, and I'll consider that as well. (I've had some experience with TCP/IP
> (wrote a stack for OS-9/68000) and file managers (wrote an ISO9660 file manager
> for NitrOS-9 and OS-9/68000).

Honestly- crafted in assembly language a file manager would not be so
large.  Consider the foundations; Ethernet driver, IP, ARP, ICMP - not
8K worth of stuff.  TCP - not much different, provided you maintain a
fixed buffer size and advertise a small window.  Much of the overhead -
code and data size - associated with TCP is directly related to
high-performance!

Even RBF weighs in at under 8K.  This will be smaller ..

C.