[Coco] [coco] moving files on bootup

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 01:44:37 EST 2008

Willard,

 As I said, the files will be changing.
 This means some will be deleteted and some will be added or changed.
Therefore, a script to copy files would be constantly changing and will
require my attention. This is not an option. It has to be automatic. Since
the ram disk will start empty,thte routine should  just copy a directory to
the ramdisk upon startup.
  A script to copy files will result in "Not Found"  error 216 because they
won't be in the directory the shell script calls on if the file is deleted
and files added won't get copied.
 This will be a dynamic directory on the floppy and the desired routine to
copy a directory on eacnh boot should find the files and copy them to the
ram disk. The files will be different each time..
 Dsave would requre at least two steps, and it also inserts an  undesired
command , such as tmode - pause and tmode pause in the file it creates. I
don't use -pause, so it requires another line to fix that.
 The reason I need this is for speed. The ram disk, as we all know, is a lot
faster.  This coco does not have a hard dirve and therefore, it SO SLOW when
accessing a mass storage medium(floppy). So, I have to use the ramdisk for
this application.

> If you really mean to move the files, there are several "move" type
> commands on rtsi, but I've had problems that might have been caused by
> them.  YMMV.

 I suppose then, these would not be acceptable for my application
George