[Coco] [coco] moving files on bootup

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed Jan 30 00:48:08 EST 2008

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 11:28:55PM -0600, George Ramsower wrote:
> My currrent project will require that I move files from the floppy
> drive(boot drive) to the ram disk in OS-9 upon boot up.

Copy? You can add commands to startup, to copy whatever files you want
to your ramdisk.

If you really mean to move the files, there are several "move" type
commands on rtsi, but I've had problems that might have been caused by
them.  YMMV.

> These files can be changing from session to session. Therefore, they will
> change. I intend to save them during the session, but when I re-boot..
> well...

I don't quite parse what you mean here...

If you're using the "rammer" ramdisk in NitrOS or from rtsi, I've
heard rumors that its ramdisk will actually survive reboots, but I've
never tried it.

AFAIK there's no way to make OS-9 catch a reset and run a command (or
script) before rebooting.

It shouldn't be to hard to make a little script to copy all your
ramdisk files back to floppy.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA