[Coco] curses, foiled yet againRe: Virtual Memory in OS-9

William Schaub wschaub at steubentech.com
Fri Jan 25 04:29:51 EST 2008

Willard Goosey wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 09:34:31AM -0800, Jim Hickle wrote:
>

>> I was working on it last summer. It needs to use 'termcap', which
>> needs to use environment variables.  I don't remember if I just lost
>> interest at that point or did it just get too hot where the computer
>> is.
>>

> We do have termcap for OS-9, and it fakes environment vars. well
> enough for termcap's use, I'm sure.
>
> (I can just see the command line now:  cc2 [...] -l curses -l termcap
> -l cgfx
>
> If you don't get the joke:  cgfx is the library with getenv() and
> putenv(), and also duplicates and expands on curses!
> :)
>
> Willard

When you say it duplicates and expands on curses does it actually have
the same interface as programming for curses?

my only interest in getting curses running would be to try and get some
unix curses apps running on os9. and I would like eventually to get a
multiuser OS9 running, and having a library that can drive terminals
other than the OS9 console would be nice. You guys don't have to spin
your wheels on this if you don't feel like it. I won't even have an OS9
setup going for a while since I don't have much free time. reading all
the documentation and playing with emulators has already sucked up lots
of time I don't really have.