[Coco] curses, foiled yet againRe: Virtual Memory in OS-9

Jim Hickle jlhickle at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 12:34:31 EST 2008

I was working on it last summer. It needs to use 'termcap', which needs to use environment variables.  I don't remember if I just lost interest at that point or did it just get too hot where the computer is.

Willard Goosey <goosey at virgo.sdc.org> wrote: On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 01:47:47PM +1000, Bob Devries wrote:

> The source code of curses.c contains the following:
>
> /*-------------------------------------------------------*
> * CURSES.C: Copyright (c) 1987, Allen I. Holub. *
> * All rights reserved. *
> *-------------------------------------------------------*
> * *
> * Adapted for OS9 from an article in DDJ 7/87. *
> * R. Waggoner *
> * *
> *-------------------------------------------------------*
>
> If someone knows the whereabouts of Mr. Waggoner, maybe we can consult him?

We did make some progress on this the last time it came up.  We
determined that the source had tab characters (which is "move the
cursor up one line" in windint terminal escapes), that the last line
of the file didn't end in a newline (a major pain to fix under OS-9)
and, IIRC, there was a end-of-line problem (I think it was a dos text
file?)

Once all that easy stuff got fixed, though, it just sorta got
dropped.

I haven't had the time to mess with it.  I guess no one else has,
either.  It may be running up against some of the subtler bugs in the
C complier, so ansifront might help.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA