[Coco] Virtual Memory in OS-9

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 05:47:12 EST 2008

Robert Gault said:

> A typical "bad" line is
>  w_opts._sgm._sgs._sgs_echo = 1
> much like
>  sgbuf.sg_echo = 1
> if you were using scfstat.h or sgtty.h , but why the extra '._sgm._sgs' in
> the curses code?

AHA! The light dawns!!!
In fact that struct is a union of structs and comes from the OS-9/68000
sgstat.h file.

It seems to me that the curses.lzh archive may be mis-filed, and should be
with the OS-9/68000 files. I think this format is used to make the one
sgstat structure suitable for use for a number of IO streams, such as RBF,
SCF, SBF, and socket (INET).

It would need some rewriting to make it suitable for OS-9/6809.

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.