[Coco] Virtual Memory in OS-9

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 23 04:22:34 EST 2008

Bob Devries wrote:
> Here's the termcap.h file from my OS-9/68000 disks:
>
> /* termcap.h - terminal capability database definitions */
>
> extern char PC_, *BC, *UP, *tgetstr(), *tgoto();
> extern short ospeed;
> extern int tgetnum(), tgetflag(), tgetent();
> extern /*void*/ tputs();
> /* eof */

It does not seem that it matters whether termcap.h exists or not. The
include can be commented out and no errors occur related to the code
shown above.

What seems to account for most of the compilation errors are new
structure names for the standard scfstat.h or sgtty.h which combines
Bob's termcap with the scfstat defs.

My guess would be that either scfstat.h or sgtty.h would be good places
to start if we could determine what was meant by the abbreviations in
the curses.c code. A typical "bad" line is
  w_opts._sgm._sgs._sgs_echo = 1
much like
  sgbuf.sg_echo = 1
if you were using scfstat.h or sgtty.h , but why the extra '._sgm._sgs'
in the curses code?