[Coco] CoCo 3 MMU test for all

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Jan 21 00:00:13 EST 2008

At 09:27 PM 1/20/2008, you wrote:
>Robert/Roger,
>
>See when Robert explains it in hex, you hardly even have to think about it.
>
>Curtis did the same and they are correct and EASY to read and think about.
>
>Take their advise and mine, switch to hex. You'll have a much better
>chance of retaining this because it will make sense.
>
>Mark
>Cloud-9

Ok guys, don't get me firing up a tutorial.  I've only written about
10 million lines of code since I was 15 (being almost 40 now) and I
assure you that Hex is not new to me, and I use it a lot.  However, I
also use decimal and binary where they are ideal.  When I talk to
people who use NOTHING but Hex, it drives ME nuts as well.  Being
that most coders are fierce in their own ways, I'd say it's a losing
battle making me change at this point in my life.  Look at what I've
produced (and I realize you don't have time to do this since we are
equally as busy with our projects) and you'd see that it doesn't make
a hoot of difference if I use some decimal values in my source code
or not.  P.S.  *everything* makes sense to me, but I like to look at
things from $04 or sometimes %101 different angles and not have just
one way of thinking.

* hex, ideal
  ldx #$400
a@ clr ,x+