[Coco] Bejeweled, for the CoCo 3?

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Jan 20 20:27:07 EST 2008

At 04:46 PM 1/20/2008, you wrote:

>Remember, kids -- at this point in history and our lives, _It's Only
>a Hobby_.  There is a small amount of money to be made, but it ain't
>gonna make anybody a financial peer of Bill Gates.  We're here for
>the love of the game.  The joy of discovering something that nobody
>would have imagined the machine could do a quarter of a

At least two or three very busy CoCo hobbyists have taken it a bit
further, however.  The busier you are at producing things, the more
people will come knocking on your door for cool stuff.  Because of
this, I've put myself in a position where people come to me or my
site for things that only time can produce, and I find myself putting
in more hours at the keyboard than at my real job sometimes.  It's
always nice to see a little green support, but in no way would I
compare Mark, Boisy, or myself to trying to be a Gates, if I may
speak for others as well.

I have to file a Schedule C form when I file my taxes, with all
online ventures combined which include CoCo sales and web
design.  Also, the Rainbow IDE sells to other vintage platform users
which takes me a bit out of just the CoCo realm.  And the person who
pushes it beyond just a hobby... Uncle Sam.  :)

Like I said, I stay extremely busy with all of this stuff and just
recently did I decide to crank out some CoCo games to stay on my toes
and to try out my own suite of make-something-happen tools.

In my own opinion, if someone wants to charge a few bucks for a cool
game, then do it.  If not, put it out there for grabs.  Take
complaints and act on them, and complain when needed.  ;)  But I
usually don't complain to somebody that their product should be
free.  However, I use lots of free or limited tools until I find
myself needing them all the time, then I pay the fiddler.  Either
way, the CoCo cash flow hops around in circles within our community
since I give back in many ways most might not realize and I think
others pass the buck around the same way to help keep the CoCo alive.