[Coco] Speech & Sound Pak - carrier frequency of stock voice?

Phil phil.salathe at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 20:33:28 EST 2008

Hi, all --

What determines the frequency of the carrier wave in the stock voice
of the Speech & Sound Pak?  It sounds like it's about 220 Hz, or at
least (from what I remember) it's tuned to the pitch A-natural.  Can
it be changed with a well-placed POKE?  It'd be fun to make the Coco
"sing", a la "Bicycle Built For Two".

By "stock voice", by the way, I mean the voice you get when typing in
the program that's at the front of the Speech & Sound pak manual -- a
program that I must've typed in by hand at least 20 times over the
years!  I had no Multi-Pak interface, though I suppose I could've
saved it to cassette...

Thanks --
Phil