[Coco] 2 MB upgrade in PAL coco3

Mark Marlette mark at cloud9tech.com
Sun Jan 20 19:42:26 EST 2008

Bob,

Doesn't surprise me. Tony used an analog timing circuit with
components that we +/- 20%.

I have one that I have never been able to get to work either. Mostly
because I look at the design and it is a waste of my time to tweak
the circuit. I would rather redesign and make the circuit digitally
timed and solid. Tweaking will always lead to tweaking. Worked for
Tony in the day when he supported it. Today there are MUCH better
ways to implement the timing required to put larger DRAMs in the CoCo.

Grab a scope and chase those trons.....Tweak away......When you are
done you will be an expert in the CoCo's refresh. :)

Regards,

Mark