[Coco] Model Railroading with a CoCo...

John Donaldson johnadonaldson at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 11 21:13:02 EST 2008

George,
   BTW, I am a N-Scaler myself. All of my engines, both Steam and Diesel
have built-in DCC decoders. Some are factory installed, some I installed
myself. Some of the newest N-Scale DCC engines have sound too. I have
recently seen Z-Scale engines with built-in DCC decoders. That is how
small the DCC decoders are getting now.
   I currently use both decdicated and computer control with my DCC
layout. I use the computer to controll the operation of the hidden
staging yard. The computer also monitors the movement of all the
engines. Most DCC decoders have transponder mode, where they will upon
receiving a request, send back a code that tells the computer where it
is at.

John Donaldson