[Coco] Is there any disk utility that allow to copy selected track only?

Darren A. darccml at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 6 20:46:34 EST 2008

--

Are you running this on a real CoCo3 or an emulator?

I haven't tried it on a real CoCo3, but it looks like it may require a double-sided drive. The patches being applied to the disk show that it is writing sectors 22 through 25 to both sides 0 and 1.

Doing this on an emulator would require using the DMK image format instead of the JVC image provided. However, I don't know if either MESS or the VCC emulator will correctly emulate a program that formats a track in a non-standard way to a DMK image.

If I knew the format of the patch files produced by The Defeater, I could possibly use them to create a DMK image directly, or modify the CoCoDisk utility to write the patches to a real floppy disk.

Darren